Tuesday, August 23, 2011

earthquake!

I was somewhere in the vicinity of the earthquake shake zone today. That isn't terribly specific, considering that tremors were felt from North Carolina to Maine and Ontario.

In my area, the shaking wasn't terribly pronounced - it felt like a train or large truck rumbling by. In fact, I was en-route to some crisis or another and didn't notice a thing. But once we decided we did in fact feel an earthquake (confirmed by calling around - this was before the whole east coast got excited and clogged up the phone system), I confirmed it via this website within 5 minutes of the whole thing happening. Ah, the wonders of modern technology.

I know, I know... in more tectonically-interesting areas, a 5.8 quake wouldn't merit mention. But the last time I experienced an earthquake, I was in middle school.

No comments: